Monday, November 28, 2011

Project 7

Portrait
Date Taken: 11/24/2011
Camera: FUJIFILM FinePix S2550HD
Shutter Speed: 1/13 sec.
F-Stop: f/6.4
ISO: 6400
Focal Length: 5mm
Tripod: yes


My portrait project didn’t consist of myself, but rather my cousin Jeffrey. I spent a fair
amount of time thinking of whom I was going to do a portrait of. Should I do a child, an
elder, a veteran? The list went on and on. Since I can remember I have always been
fascinated with the human body. It amazes me the potential that it is able to reach if we
allow it to. My mother has always told me, “Your body is your temple.” If you treat it
well, meaning exercise and eat healthy (or be blessed with a fast metabolism), this will
show. My cousin is a walking example of this. This photograph was taken in the
basement of my aunt’s house. This was largely because I had this image envisioned in my
head that I wanted to bring to life. In this vision, he would be standing with his head
looking towards the ground with a black backdrop behind him. I wanted to room to be
completely dark with this only light being a small lamp that would not be shown, but
would be shinning on his torso. By doing this I wanted to capture two different aspects:
the definition of his body and the “light” that is ahead of him yet he refuses to see. My
cousin is one of those people that has an immense amount potential yet never strives for
success. He instead, settles for an easier route. If he would simply “lift” his head up, he
would see all of this in front of him. Unfortunately, I had some lighting issues. Looking
back, this is from the very source that caused me problems with my night project, high ISO
settings. I feel that if I had the correct settings, I would have achieved what I had
originally set out to achieve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment